1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Tirico, Screamin split Dan Patrick's ESPN Radio slot.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Sep 18, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Webster, that is IMO the best read on SAS that I can think of. Nice assessment of SAS. On Sunday, when the O.J. arrest went down, CNN had SAS on the phone talking about the possible ramifications. SAS was pretty damn good, as long as he didn't raise his voice to holler at the viewers.

When he gets rattled or agitated over a topic is when he raises his voice and thus his nickname of Screamin' A. I doubt if he will harness that habit.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Wonder if Tirico will have Harold Reynolds on to talk about ESPN's harrassment policy.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Well played, Armchair. ;D

Harold could show Mike how to "hug" someone, rather than turn creepy at a flick of a dime.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

SAS is a great writer. He knows a lot about basketball. I'll listen to anything he has to say about the NBA.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you forgot the blue font.

6. Actually, SAS is a good writer. Which makes his broadcast persona all the more disappointing.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Local guys here in the 3 p.m. slot were having a field day with this. Basically said that if anybody gave them any crap, they'd just take a day or two off and patch the network feed (SAS) through.

8. patchs

patchs Active Member

SAS starts a 3, I go into work at 3, perfect timing.
    I like Tirico, allegations aside, he enjoys what he does and is an easy listen on the ears.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That's hilarious. Good for them.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

In related news, one of the stations I listen to off and on had a big promo talking about Dan Patrick coming to its station this fall.

11. Luckily, the station here cuts away at 3 p.m. for the local buffoons. As dumb as they are, it sure beats Screamin A.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Oh, and Patrick's show won't be aired entirely live in this particular market.

Draft saved Draft deleted