1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Singletary and his pants

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jim Halpert, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Jim Halpert

Jim Halpert Member

Didn't see this posted anywhere ...

I can't find the words, so I'll just give a link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3673441

"San Francisco 49ers interim coach Mike Singletary wanted to get a point across during his first halftime speech Sunday.

His team was down 20-3 and he wanted to illustrate how badly they were playing.

So, a 49ers spokesman confirmed, Singletary dropped his pants. The coach was was wearing boxers."

I should add, I first learned of this when the following scrolled across ESPN's Bottomline:

"49ers coach Mike Singletary pulled down his pants during a halftime speech vs. Seahawks last Sunday"

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I don't get why this is such a big deal. It's not like he whipped out his business and waved it in Vernon Davis' face ... as far as we know ...

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Do you hate pants?"

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Likewise. My first thought was, ESPN deemed that worthy of putting on the ticker? Seriously?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Next week he's going to take a dump in the middle of the locker room to hammer home how badly the team stinks.

This really is such a non story.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

And four days after the fact, at that ...

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

God help us all if he's unhappy with the Niners' run defense.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Nah, if he wants that done he'll just trade for Najeh Davenport.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't think there could be a story more appropriate for something called BottomLine.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Agreed on all points. This is such a wasted effort by the four-letter. It still amazes after 2-3 weeks now since crazy-ass Dr. Lou went Heil Hitler. I wonder who's going to get punished? It won't be Dana or Jemele. So I guess it's John Seibel's turn to take one for Bristol!

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Or show his team a tape of any recent Cowboys game. :)

(ducking)

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

See, shit like that is totally unecessary .... outside of SportsJournalists.com :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted