1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Shula is Out at Alabama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by footballworld, Nov 27, 2006.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Your right, Sock, third year. Don't know why I was thinking first.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Sly Croom (no s) is in his third year at MSU. Other than get Ron Zook fired, he hasn't done much there... Granted, winning at that school without cheating has got to be insanely difficult...

3. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Having livedthrough the Perkins, Curry, Stallings and DuBose hirings while working in Alabama, there's absolutely nothing more entertaining than watching and listening as the Tide faithful go absolutely bat-shit crazy during a search for a head football coach.

It was fun even before Al Gore invented the Internets. Even moreso these days.

(edit) My sister, the Tide Pride ticket holder, just phoned to say Spurrier will be announced as the new head coach at 2 p.m., according to, ahem, WJOX's Herb Winches. Credible source like that, it's gotta be true.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Mississippi State stinks.

As for Rodriguez...hire him only if you really believe in that offense he runs, which is open, high-scoring, and highly prone to turnovers. Don't expect the guy to field a defense; he never has.

One name to consider: Bill Snyder. He'd listen, and he can play a brand of football semi-familiar to Bama fans.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wow. When your credible source is a guy who wore golf shoes to the SEC baseball tourney, not because he came off the course but just because he wanted to wear them, it MUST be true...

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Snyder would be a great fit... He's such an asshole that the Bama faithful probably wouldn't even phase him...

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Snyder would be a great fit... He's such an asshole that the Bama faithful probably wouldn't even phase him...
    [/quote]

No argument from me there.

8. busuncle

busuncle Member

Given that Alabama passed on him four years ago, I highly doubt that a string of 3-8 seasons at Mississippi State has changed any minds.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Here's the thought process likely to play out vis-a-vis Sylvester Croom: Well, we didn't hire him last time, and his success, or lack thereof, at Mississippi State validates that decision. The fact that it's, you know, Mississippi State, and thus incapable of winning, is of no consequence.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

In a rarity, hoops and I are in total agreement.
    Maybe now would be the time for Alabama to really make a run at hiring Bobby Bowden.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Don't know if Snyder is an option, but I think he'd be a great fit for Alabama. He's a complete hardass...kind of a psycho...and yes, he'd be able to handle the pressure and scrutiny. He's also very unlikely to be found in a hotel room with dancers. Snyder seems like the kind of guy who only gets hard-ons for football-related events.

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

surely you left out the sarcasm font?

Draft saved Draft deleted