1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Mayock Makes My Hair Hurt.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 13, 2012.

1. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

The Nessler-Mayock duo cannot be any worse than marbles-in-mouth Kenny Albert, with sidekick Tony Siragusa.

2. Never understood why people hate color commentators and/or PBP guys so much. The formula has remained the same for years. Play happens and gets called by PBP. Color commentator chimes in with something that happened. Next play happens. Lather, rinse and repeat. For the most part, it is the same on every network, for every game.

There are some extremes . . . the Mike & Mike MNF experiment was horrendous because they weren't very good at calling games. Then you have some guys like Berman or Gus Johnson who have a schtick, so I can kind of understand that they are an acquired taste. But, for the most part, the rest are all the same.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Mayock is annoying because doesn't shut up.

Theismann-lite

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Bring back Joe Theismann.

5. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Theismann is popping up in weird places -- NPR, Food Network -- lately. At this point, I wonder if his dream job is replacing Mayock on NBC's Notre Dame broadcasts.

6. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

PLEASE do not do that!

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Oh, for sure. He was the natural for that job when Pat Haden left to become AD at USC.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

For the Senior Bowl Saturday someone with a sense of humor paired Mike Mayock with Charles Davis. Talk about information overload.

Draft saved Draft deleted