1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Lupica, gag reflex. Gag reflex, Mike Lupica.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hockeybeat, Jan 16, 2008.

1. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

EASY

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Just read Doc's anti-Simmons thread. Nothin' but good ol' SportsJournalists.com vitriol! Gotta love it! Loopy & Simmons belong on the Mt. Rushmore of sports writing asshats & douche-nozzles.

3. He's defending Mitch a few threads over.
    I think he's on the APSE board myself.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

"It's hard for anybody to be everybody's team in New York," the great Red Holzman said to me once, remembering what it was like when the old Knicks owned New York. "But we were."

Loopy should have thought through what Red told him. The Knicks were the last New York franchise that had the chance to "be everybody's team" in New York because that was the last time there was no real competition. The ABA (who remembers the New Jersey Americans?) didn't take hold in New York until Rick Barry came to town in '72. The Nets really took off the following season when Dr. J. came over from the Squires. There's been divided loyalty among professional franchises in all the major sports ever since then.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing something, but the man writes a column for a daily New York City newspaper/tabloid. The local football team is in the NFC Championship game, the NFL's Final Four. The Giants are an underdog and as a 5 seed out of 6, that's also somewhat of a Cinderella story.
    It's not a prize winning column, but an appropriately timed column. Hate him for all the things he is but not for this column.

Draft saved Draft deleted