1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Lupica Biofile

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mrbio, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

There was one on the New York hardcore band BioHazard. Apparently their favorite fast food meal are Arby-Qs

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh criminy.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

God, I love you so.

YOUR BUTT'S IN THE GRAVY!

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Most Painful Moment: When a person who actually does work at my paper was sitting in my seat at Fenway Park and I had to embarrass him into moving somewhere else.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Most embarrassing moment: When I called my editor from my couch and made him tell the reporter who was at the US Open not to write a column because I saw something on TV I wanted to write about.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Most embarrassing moment: Having to ask for a booster seat when I go to Olive Garden.

7. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

This thread has all-timer potential. Keep it coming, folks.

8. Mizzougrad96

When the other reporter took my recorder and held it over my head and I had to jump to try to get it back.

I've heard the same joke about Mitchie... :D

9. Mizzougrad96

MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT: Explaining to people why the most talented columnist on staff left for FanHouse (and later for TSN).

10. mrbio

mrbio Member

geez, no mercy whatsoever

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And I call BS on Jim Murray. Died in 1998, long before e-mail interviews were commonplace, and long before most people would even know what a BLOGGER is. And a legend giving an interview to someone named Scoop? Doubtful.

12. Mizzougrad96

If he walked up to Murray in a press box and asked for five minutes, I'd believe it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.