1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Leach to The "U" ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 16, 2010.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I don't think he takes a job, period, until the vast majority of the litigation/trial happens. As much as he'd like to get back into coaching, I can see where he'd wanna focus his energies/efforts on bending TxTech over as far as possible and reaching for the largest chain saw.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I think he jumps at the Miami job if it is offered.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If he feels he's right why should he back down with Tech?

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I would not be surprised if Leach's replacement at Tech is in the mix for this as well.

5. Armchair_QB

And so it begins...

Manny Navarro of the Herald has tweeted that Gruden has accepted a $3.4 million deal to become the head coach at Miami.

http://twitter.com/Manny_Navarro

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And Peter King responded by tweeting that Gruden is absolutely not going to Miami.

7. Armchair_QB

So I guess Gruden's the guy then.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Mike Leach's p.r. strategy to get a coaching job:

1. File frivolous defamation suits just so he can say he's "suing those rats."

2. Hire Boom 70 to start internet rumor which is tweeted and re-tweeted - makes Leach look more 'in the mix' than he is.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Is a holy roller like Richt going to fit in at the U? No way. That job's made for a guy with a bit of a reputation like Leach.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Leach is perfect for this job, but he's not getting it.

Leach is also perfect for the Colorado job, but he's not getting it.

Minnesota can't get anyone to take its job and it doesn't seem to want Leach either.

It's insanity.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Leach is perfect for every job out there? He's a very good offensive coach... who may only know how to draw from one bag of tricks. He still needs a good defensive coordinator to run half the team for him, and if he doesn't have an accurate QB (doesn't have to be all world, but has to be very accurate) and the right receivers he can't run the only offense he may know how to coach. It's not like he has a track record of versatility.

What makes him so perfect for those jobs?

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Miami needs a guy who will sell tickets, who has national cred (at least one BCS bowl appearance) and who fits the Miami "culture*." There are not a lot of people out there who fit the profile.
    * - the winning of the Johnson/Erickson era minus the mayhem.

Draft saved Draft deleted