1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Huguenin hired by Yahoo Sports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Scribbled_Notz, Jul 20, 2007.

1. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Point is, you don't have an inkling to the logistical and production nightmare sections like that pose from conception to doorstep. To think Mike's involvement would have been done "well before any actual moves occurred" is naive.
    And, to think newspapers compete only with other newspapers, in 2007, is, well, countrified.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Riiiight.

Yes, Mike's stuff for the section was done before he left. I'll eat my hat if I'm wrong.

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Actually, I hear Stephens just decided to take the week off. He's off in Bermuda. They figure there's no reason to get in a rush. After all, people probably aren't even aware that college football season is about to start. I think they just threw together whatever they had from Mike and went with it. About the middle of the year, I think, they'll give us an update on how the season is going for the local teams.

Draft saved Draft deleted