1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Huckabee is our next president

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oggiedoggie, Nov 19, 2007.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Make that a five-man GOP Hell in a Cell.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Chuck Norris wears Tim Tebow pajamas.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

FYI -- Jimmy Carter left the Southern Baptist Convention because he disagreed with the conservative turn the group was making a decade or so ago.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yeah, the fringe that believes public policy shouldn't be based on a single religion's ideas of morality. The fringe that actually believes the earth is more than 4,000 years old. The fringe that believes you shouldn't restrict the freedom of people to do things you don't like. Some fringe you got there.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Jimmy Carter left when they didn't put Castro in as president of the SBC.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I know, I know. Don't feed the trolls.

But some times, the trolls are so batshit crazy that common sense gets torched like "Origin of Species" at a Huckabee rally.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Jimmy Carter is the weakestshit President you leftists have ever paraded through Washington. It was only because of Watergate he got elected. And that's what scares me about this election is that there's enough truly disconnected people that they might go for another similar flake from the left. Anyone but Edwards or the now almost dormant Biden and its going tp be problems if it is a Democrat.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Then again, even Obama isn't the weak-willed Carter.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Goodness. It'll be the first time the country's had problems since January 19, 1981! Whatever will we do?!

It doesn't occur to you that the reason that we might elect, as you put it, a flake from the left is because the right has managed to anger so many people? That doesn't indicate to you that perhaps the right's strategy is misguided? That the right might actually be, excuse the pun, wrong?

I understand you don't like lefties. Fine. Whatever. Don't care. But the reason people are turning against the right isn't because they're "disconnected." It's because they're "fed up."

Now, of course, if they had a choice, they'd turn from the Democrats, too. I'm not exactly proud that the basic Democratic campaign message often seems to be, "Hey, at least we're not THOSE guys."

And, yes, Carter did suck.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Deskslave gets it.

So refreshing.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I basically agree with you - so long as it is clear in your assertions that the Democrats offer no real alternative either. Washington is going to continue to suck the taxpayer, erode the middle class, and Jerry Jones will get his $340 per seat (and $16,000 min. personal seat license) for any seat in the new stadium's lower ring.

America's new saying: Fuck anyone but the rich and the corporates. And if that sounds anything close to the moral (and I say religious-based) integrity of our founding fathers, then you may be on to something else.

12. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Sadly that's politicians on each side of the fence. Perhaps I'm misinterpreting the mention of a religious-based integrity of the founding fathers, so excuse me if I am. I agree that the principles behind the Constitution are founded in religious ideals. What's so frustrating about politics now is the religious ideals that campaigns are based upon don't have to do with the Sunday School foundations of helping your fellow man, the positive "do's". The politico-religious ideals are all about negatives, the "don'ts" of religion.

Draft saved Draft deleted