1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Huckabee is our next president

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oggiedoggie, Nov 19, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Huckabee could certainly pick up some support when Thomspon drops out, which should really be any day now. What a joke of a candidate he is.

Timing being everything, though, I think the Ron Paul phenomenon is just killing the GOP longshots. That's where the pissed off and fed up money is heading.

2. The pissed-off cash.

[​IMG]

3. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

Flair on board? Wow. I wonder if Flair's going to be doing any additional promotional events other than the "conservative tailgate" prior to the South Carolina-Clemson game.

I can see him firing up the crowd now with one of those 80's wrasslin' promos: "If you elect this man, the positive results will be astronomical! Woo! He's a 'granny and baby kiss stealin', wheelin' an' dealin' with foreign leadin', limosine ridin', jet flyin' son of a gun! Wooooooo! (Points to someone with an Obama shirt standing outside the tent) Shut your mouth fat boy! Yeah, you! Ha ha ha ha haaaa! I bet your old lady saw 'The Huck' and the Naitch and her knees started tremblin' and shakin' and she was beggin' - 'honey, let me meet the sixty minute men!' If you thought Slick Willy and Slick Ric were bad with the ladies over the years, 'The Huck' puts Space Mountain to shame! Ain't that right Huck? (Huck has mysteriously disappeared) My how it is hard to be humble! Woooooo!"

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That's quality.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Huckabee has all the dirt on Che Clinton.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

By all mean, step yo' ass out there and run for the office. You think you're better. Prove it.

7. Yeah, he's got all the dirt on Wayne Dumond, too.

8. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=3894906&page=1

Propelled by little more than his message and political skills, Republican presidential contender former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee has vaulted into a statistical dead heat for first place in crucial, first-in-the-nation caucus state Iowa, according to a new ABC News/Washington Post poll.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Gotta admit. He strikes a lot of right notes. Too bad he's coo coo bananas about lots of other issues.

From the story:
    He pledged to secure the border and end sanctuary city policies, "but I wouldn't punish the children who didn't commit a crime. … If a child is gasping for air, asthmatic, and he's on the hospital steps, what do the other candidates suggest we do? Let him sit there and gasp until he doesn't have any air left and he dies?"

"If your government at the federal government is so incompetent that it fails to secure the border, you don't then grind your heel into the face of a 6-year-old child over it. That's not what this country does. We're a better country than that. Now, if that causes people to say, 'Well, I'm not going to vote for him,' fine. There are plenty of candidates out there who I guess would grind their heel in the face of a 6-year-old child. Not me."

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

If Huckabee was our president, and any terrorists tried to fuck with us, we could just say "Go Huck 'em!" Or "We're gonna Huck you up!"

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

YEah, but the coo-coo bananas issues really only affect the Democratic fringe that laid ruin to that party over two decades.

12. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

All I know is he supports the FairTax, the only issue I care about.

Draft saved Draft deleted