1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Hargrove resigns in Seattle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I posted this in the baseball thread, but thought maybe its own thread would be appropriate for those who don't normally wade through that one to find news.

Mike Hargrove to resign as the Mariners manager today. Didn't see this coming.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AkiZ4ceEFt8MsFojkIC8lfE5nYcB?slug=txmarinershargrove&prov=st&type=lgns

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

A big surprise that Grover would just quit like that. I covered one of his teams while he managed in the minor leagues and liked him a lot. I just wonder how different his career would have been if Jose Mesa doesn't blow that save chance against the Marlins in the World Series.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, he resigned Friday night. But he had to take his gloves off, put them back on, adjust his cap and other motions, so it took till today before we found out.

4. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Maybe he wants to go back to Baltimore and lose some more.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he was in the last year of his contract. And quitting like this won't make him an attractive candidate for another team. What's Bob Brenley up to these days?

7. ondeadline

How many managers have ever resigned after his team has won seven consecutive games? I guess his passion is gone.

8. ondeadline

He's the TV color announcer for Cubs broadcasts.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

You figure Billy Martin had to have done it. No wait, I'm confusing "won seven consecutive games" with "got his ass handed to him by a marshmallow salesman."

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Seven straight wins, and his passion is gone? C'mon. There has to be something more to this, right?

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Has to be more to this story.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I despise Mike Hargrove. The end.

Draft saved Draft deleted