1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Gundy threatens local media

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MeanGreenATO, Sep 26, 2018.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

This. If these players can handle playing Oklahoma or Texas or West Virginia in road environments, then they can handle questions from media.

2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I am Mr. Online Tough Guy! Deal with it, bitch!

PaperClip529 likes this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

There are hundreds of better paths to choose in this head-to-head with the press and others that preceded it. The only logical explanation is Gundy is just an asshole.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Literally?

gravehunter and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wonder if they'll show that on the SEC Network?

Tweener likes this.
  6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Sounds like ESPN Insider content to me.

heyabbott likes this.
  7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Too late. Vombatus bought up all the videos two days ago.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I had a really good conversation about this with someone else in the business the other day.

My belief is that you MUST have some "motherfucker" in you to survive in media now. The way people can come at you on social media...of course, no one should be allowed to say some of the things that get said -- particularly to women or minorities or those who are heavy -- but you cant stop it. Of course, these reporters should basically tell Gundy/OSU to screw off and ask and ask and ask some more. But it invites so much return fire and bullying.

I understand why people give in. You're just trying to make a living in a business that's supposed to be fun. Getting piled on over and over, it can be exhausting and force surrender.

melock and Tweener like this.
  9. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

If you are real media, you sure do. Fanboy media is too busy slobbing the coach's nob to have any motherfucker in them.

I hate fans. I hate fanboy media. I hate half the people that read my shit. So, yeah, I guess that makes me a motherfucker because I don't give a fuck what they think, say, tweet, blog or squeeze out on the toilet.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The guy from the Stillwater Tribune was really Phishing for an answer.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Very Insider.

SnarkShark likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted