1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Freeman's 50 jerks for the ages

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 25, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You guys must have been lobbying to get HS track coach Brenton Wuchae in there. ;)

And for an example of how a Web site gets away with things newspapers would never try, read the end of the Randall Simon entry...

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

#34 was a long time coming and much needed.

34. Overly sensitive fans of Barbaro -- It was a horse, dammit. IT WAS A HORSE! Jerk level: 2.7

3. yeah, yeah, I just realized what I wrote

Andre was a tremendous guy who just did some really stupid things once in a while

for Freeman to include him -- after he died from complications of numerous concussions on the field -- is inappropriate

then again, Freeman's always been on my list of the 50 biggest jerks

4. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

What an embarassingly bad column. This reads like something a blogger who's already out of ideas two weeks into having his site comes up with.

5. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

My biggest beef with this column is that Freeman can't seem to come to a consensus on what being a jerk actually is. That kind of loopy logic makes this piece read like utter nonsense.

Seems like half the people on this list are mean-spirited, malicious pricks (Hi, Barry!); others are merely knuckleheads who did something stupid (Randall Simon).

Maradona is at No. 46 for doing cocaine, while drugs were his biggest beef with L.T. at No. 8? (Apparently even hammering him for what I thought was a pretty funny quote.)

Ruth is on the list for liking hot dogs and hummers?

Ray Lewis stonewalls a police investigation into a murder he likely took part in and is at No. 49? Was Freeman afraid RayRay would chicken-dance his way into his house with the Ginzu 4000?

I mean, c'mon. Bob Irsay (No. 5) over Bonds and Rocker? To get that high on the list, Irsay also must have fucked Freeman's wife.

6. Freeman is awful

always has been

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

8. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Are we sure Doyel didn't write this and the wrong mug got slapped on?

Never mind, doesn't include every ACC writer who handed him his ass and Coach K.

Draft saved Draft deleted