1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Freeman: Russell Wilson Not Black Enough

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 23, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Agreed. With Harvin gone, how many teams have more mediocre WRs and TEs than the Seahawks?

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Freeman was on Dan Patrick. Said that a faction of players thought that he was too
    close to management and was an Uncle Tom.

If you have him on your fantasy team, you're lovin life. He was top point getter last week. Would have gotten you around 30 points.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I can sum up Seattle's malaise in two sentences.

1. It's hard as shit to climb to the mountaintop again, not because of fake stuff like "you get everyone's best shot" but because guys just aren't as emotionally invested in killing themselves for your cause after you win one.

2. They no longer have the NFL's best pass rush, which for the back half of last season allowed them to use the two best safeties in the NFL as de facto linebackers, something they can't do as easily now that they have to help in coverage instead of fill lanes and ballhawk.

That's it. The rest is just noise.

4. RecoveringJournalist

I don't think he asked Wilson about it. But he said "several" interviews with players indicate they think that. Does "several" mean he talked to Harvin five times?

It's very clear from reading Freeman earlier in the week on Twitter and BR (since the trade) that he's talked to Harvin.

5. RecoveringJournalist

Too close to management may be a valid complaint. That's the case with a lot of top level quarterbacks. It has nothing to do with race.

Favre was accused of that. McNabb was accused of that. I've never heard Manning or Brady being accused of that, but they certainly buddy around with the owner or team president, not that there's anything wrong with that.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Freeman is really close to The Jet beat writers like Cimini so they could have
    feed him some Harvin stuff.

7. RecoveringJournalist

That almost made me choke. That's fucking hilarious.

8. RecoveringJournalist

I'm sure Glauber and Cannizzaro helped him get quotes. :D

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Last year, was it the coverage of their secondary that led to the best pass rush or the other way around?

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I think all successful quarterbacks are probably close to management. Winning Super Bowls will do that.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

From a SF vantage point, it certainly looked like the rush was dictating the play; it wasn't like Kaepernick had 5 secs to scan the field and couldn't find anyone open.

12. RecoveringJournalist

That's funny. That implies that Kaepernick knows how to look for the second or third option. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted