1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike and Mad Dog resign in protest?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That is a good take Chet. Worst 2 mistakes Imus made was hiring Sid the first time and then bringing him back. I have yet to figure out what how sid ever got a job. He had to have a connection or glossies of someone.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

After hearing Russo scream at Bo Dietl this morning re Virginia Tech, you want to put a gun in your mouth.

Yes, it pays to be ignorant.

3. Boom_70

Given circumstance I am not sure that is the right visual but I agree that their sports instincts do not execute well in discussing real news stories.

The second guessing needs to be reserved for whether Willie Randolph should have used Cliff Floyd to pinch hit.

I do think we have to cut them some slack though. They have been asked to step into a format they have never done before.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Least they have lots of space to flex their muscles, given the paucity of spot$$$$$$$ . . .

5. And they're still pondering their resignations, I'm sure.

6. Boom_70

Tomorrow on M and MD morning edition - SJ's own Jason Whitlock.

Draft saved Draft deleted