1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike and Mad Dog resign in protest?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Say what you want but M & MD are showing some big time balls. They have taken over Imus slot and spent most of morning ripping their bosses at CBS. Not the best career move but one that allows them be be able to look at themselves in the mirror.

I have new found respect for both of them.

They are clear that Imus was wrong in what he said, but they are also clear that they are not going to abandend him like other of Imus's so called "friends"

2. Yes, because loyalty to your friend, the public bigot, is a virtue we all should cultivate.

3. Boom_70

Should everyone have jumped ship on Andy Rooney when he made his gay remarks. Should we all have called for the USGA to take away Tiger's tour card when Chris Jones wrote that revieling piece in esquire? What Imus said was wrong but no worse.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Won't you take me to...Hymietown

5. And there we have it.
    What the "I-man" did was wrong, but not really wrong. It entertained Boom so we should all get over it.
    Enabling bigotry is a full time job.
    As to your questions, please go back to the produce section and study harder.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

How many times do you have to be told that Chris Jones didn't write the Tiger piece, and it wasn't in Esquire? I know exactly why you're doing it, too.

7. Boom_70

What the fuck are you talking about. Chris Jones did do a piece in esquire. He himself refered to it a few weeks ago in that recent discussion on Woods/ SI story.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I've read Jones' piece. It's about Adam Scott. Not Tiger.

EDIT: Unless you're referring to the 2003 piece. And what did Tiger say in that story that was so bad?

9. cortez

cortez Member

No way in hell Doggie rips the bosses unless Mikey's doin it front and center. Russo's not bold nor smart enough to formulate such an argument on his own

10. Boom_70

In many ways Dog was stronger than Mike in his criticisms. He also sounded very genuine in expressing his displeasure.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Oh, please. They both come off sounding about as absurd as possible in their rants. They really need to give it a rest.

12. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

So did M and MD change time slots? And who's on from 1-6?

Draft saved Draft deleted