1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mighty Mighty Bosstones announce comeback

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Walter_Sobchak, Oct 11, 2007.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Loved the MMBT back in the day. Not sure I'd hunt down any new stuff from them, but the news is enough to make me dig out the old CDs and give them a spin.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

They haven't released anything since A Jackknife to a Swan in 2002, and Pay Attention was released in 2000. So new is a relative term. But their older stuff is better, especially Let's Face It (1997) and Question the Answers (1994) -- my favorite. I'm listening to the live album they've got going on their site, and it's bringing back some good memories. I just may go to Boston for one of these shows. ...

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Sorry, Dropkick Murphys - your 15 minutes are up.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Thanks for the news! I'll loved em back when I was in middle school :D (I know, I know...)

But really, thanks!

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Imagine them and the Pogues/Dropkicks playing one show?
    Half the city would bust a nut.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I actually pulled that album out of the dustbin and loaded several of the songs onto the iPod.

Rascal King has a nice bike-riding beat.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm a little wound up from reading that.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I saw them in concert, along with Green Day.

Dickie was fantastic, and so was the dancing guy. He ... just ... never ... stopped.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've seen Green Day four times, and I've heard great things about the Bosstones. That must have been one hell of a show. The dancer is Ben Carr. He's also the band's manager. For a long time, I thought that was the only thing that guy ever did in the band. I'm pretty sure he's only got a couple of moves, too.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I meant new as in anything they might produce from this point forward. I'm very content with their great old stuff.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Love the dancing guy. When I saw them on Lollapalooza years ago, he stole the set.

12. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

They did a great cover of Kiss' Detroit Rock City. I like them alot. The guy sounds like Nick Nolte singing, but it's all good.

Draft saved Draft deleted