1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Midwest earthquake??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Apr 18, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

looks like i am screwed. i live an hour from louieville...

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

To get to Knoxville, you have to go through Chattanooga. Sure you don't have it reversed? (Which would suck because getting rid of Knoxville is a far nobler goal than Chattanooga...)

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

In the Delta, there won't be a house left standing. Bedrock is hundreds of feet down and that soil will jiggle like Pamela's boobs.

East of the river should fare better. Everything east other than a good chunk of Mississippi is higher elevation and solid rock.

The real country-buster lies in all those oil and gas lines running up from Texas through the quake zone. Rupture those, and we'll be riding horses for a few dozen months.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

You're right. I just had little hiccup in my ongoing quest to have the Vols Navy sunk.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Come on, F_B. Get real!

No way her silicone-enhanced boobs jiggle. Even if she's caught in Memphis when an 8.0 quake rips apart the New Madrid fault.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

The new madrid's a lot like the mafia.

When the time comes for it to do its business, we'll never get a hint that it's about to happen.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

If it's like the mafia, then shouldn't New Madrid have its own inappropriately hilarious nickname? New "The Rumpshaker" Madrid?

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I never said which Pamela. ;)

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

TTIWWP.

Draft saved Draft deleted