1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mid-Life Crisis Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doctorquant, Jul 19, 2012.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Or be even more adventurous, and skip the lessons.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

On a reasonably serious note: If/when I get to that age, I can see blowing a huge chunk of money on a vacation I've always wanted to take but could never justify paying for.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oh, I am taking that vacation this fall ... right on down to the bursar's office for my daughter's freshman year of college! :D

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

A 22-year-old yoga instructor (/crossthread)

5. joe

joe Active Member

Note to self: Stay the fuck away from Versatile.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

No, you have to stay close to Versatile. Anywhere within 49 miles of him, you're cool. Or, at least, alive.

I don't understand the part about the shovel, though. Why is that the key? Seems like a cumbersome weapon. More difficult to hide. I'd probably go with a hammer. Disposing of the body would be such a bitch, though. I'd love to go all Dexter, but I hate using Saran Wrap. I think you just leave the guy in the alley. No witnesses, no motive, no cleaning. I might study up on blood splatter at an Internet cafe. See what angle might be best in an attempt to avoid getting any DNA on clothing, etc...

And I would wear Uggs, just so they get bad publicity if I leave any footprints.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

A hammer, huh? Well, I know what it wouldn't be, a screwdriver. Our place is like the Bermuda Fucking Triangle for those things.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Huh. That's odd.

9. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

You can rent a car with a fake name these days? And if you find a place that will let you rent a car without showing ID ... um, why even bother with the fake name? Body disposal may be the most legal thing that vehicle has been used for.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

may i suggest a nice drive to the beach with your shovel with a couple bags of lye? dig a hole during low tide, dump your package, the lye, and there you go. problem solved.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Go sky diving. I am actually considering it for my 30th in December, as long as it isn't snowing.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So I'm coming up on the midpoint of my mid-life?

Well, fuck. Now I'm going to have a crisis.

Draft saved Draft deleted