1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mid-life crisis, Part 1: I need those sunglasses

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Bubbler - start saving for the expensive watch - that is next up on the mid life crisis list

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Has to be polarized; cuts glare from reflected light. Has to be UV-resistant; too much ultraviolet light can fry your retinas and may lead to the formation of pterygia in your eyes (another link is here). A better-designed lens keeps you from getting headaches due to distortion.

Besides, there's a reason they call 'em Ray-Bans.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I have little girl wrists so a watch is out.

I have used cheapo pocket watches in the past, however, so maybe I should save up so I can work the Steve McQueen as Sherlock Holmes lock.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Bought this on a whim while travelling and never regretted it. I am not a jewelery guy but I do love a nice watch.

5. KVV

KVV Member

Speaking of pussy, I guess Steve got it all.

He fucked Fay Dunaway! He fucked Ali McGraw!

(One of the best drunken sing-a-long songs ever.)

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Those look impressive.

As far as watches go, a couple of years ago I was seriously considering spending an insane amount of money on a Tag Heuer. I instead spent significantly less on a Seiko 5; they make a very nice automatic.

Draft saved Draft deleted