1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mid-life crisis, Part 1: I need those sunglasses

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Racing fans almost unanimously believe that Le Mans was better than Winning too. Haven't seen it, can't say for sure.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I love 'The Cincinnati Kid' and 'The Great Escape,' but I have to disagree.

3. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

This is weird because at one point I seriously considered buying a jacket that looked like Steve McQueen's racing suit from LeMans.

[​IMG]

I gave up on the idea because I realized that I probably would end up looking more like Denny Hulme than Steve McQueen.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

STEVE MCQUEEN! GET OUT OF OUR HEADS!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Awe.. a man crush! ;D

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The bubbler-barzell brothers are going to fight over who has the bigger crush.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm still surprised no one has tried to do a biopic on Steve McQueen, his life before Hollywood was even more interesting than his life after he arrived.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Paul Newman was cool, but Steve McQueen was badass.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I get my sunglasses at the dollar store. Makes it less painful when I break or lose them.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

21 just threw a table through a window and doesn't know why

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm still wearing a pair I bought in Mexico for $5 when my wife and I were on vacation in early 2008. And she says she found the same pair at our dollar store.

Love 21 dearly, but why people would spend any more than that for sunglasses continues to boggle my mind. I was at the mall a few weeks ago and we stopped by a Sunglass Hut. Even trying on the $15 pairs made me uncomfortable.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I've never been one for impulse buys on anything more than $20, but when I was in high school I decided to splurge and get a pair of $160 oakleys. I don't regret it, though, because they're a very simple looking pair so I'll be able to wear them for a long time. And they definitely block the sun way better than any cheap pair of sunglasses.

Draft saved Draft deleted