1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

microwave popcorn: satan's snack

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Editude

Editude Active Member

Intern in another department a while back put some microwave popcorn in for 20 rather than two minutes. Smell (and flames in the microwave) so bad that the entire floor was evacuated for about 30 minutes, and about a half-dozen industrial fans were brought in to (unsuccessfully) get the odor out.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Look, the article said: it was a "consumer who developed lung disease from the fumes of microwaving popcorn several times a day for years."

Who the hell eats that much of the shit anyway?

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Evil ... thy name is Orville Redenbacher!

(I can't believe it took 39 posts.)

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

They're trying to kill us, I swear!

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I also have an air popper. And Bubbler, you're right. The pieces that the butter hits shrivel up like slugs after you salt them.

7. KG

KG Active Member

I've used this for cooking before. I'm sure it would work on the air-popped popcorn.

[​IMG]

I guess this post would make more sense if I actually posted the picture.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You can salt air-popped popcorn?

Not me. There is no adhesion whatsoever. The salt just bounces right off. When you have finished eating the popcorn, 98 percent of the salt is sitting in the bottom of the bowl.

And without salt, air-popped popcorn is . . . cardboard.

And I hope those kettle corn lovers know how many calories are in those things. We're talking Dairy Queen milkshake territory.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

There must be a hell of a lot of people here who microwave popcorn four times a day... otherwise this thread should have died long ago.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i have a lifetime supply of buttery micro. popcorn with your name all over them. just send a PM to claim.

11. DEB

DEB Member

Try working at a health centre where all you smell near the microwaves is that god awful burnt popcorn or really greasy smell of microwave popcorn...every day.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

That just goes to show you that Tom P...y is a blob of a man with high BP whose idea of exercise is short sprints to the kitchen for the safer snack called potato chips.

Draft saved Draft deleted