1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

microwave popcorn: satan's snack

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Put some Tabasco in it.

Yum

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

We rarely eat microwave popcorn. We got this thing that pops regular popcorn in the microwave. Works great, and it's much cheaper than the microwave stuff.

Microwave popcorn always smells good, but you eat and you kind of feel the toxins going through your bloodstream.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Yeah, people are idiots because they like popcorn. That's what I said. I hope to hell you're not a reporter.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

What I can't stand about microwave popcorn is that there's no room for error. Leave it in a second or two too long, it's burnt, a second or two too short and a ton of unpopped kernels.

5. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

If it's not kettle korn, you can have it ;D

I've been spoiled by Orville Redenbacher's Kettle Korn.

Except at the movies, of course. Butter it halfway through and again once it's full, please.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Mmmmm kettle corn.

I haven't tried the microwave kind. But actual kettle corn? Best. Thing. Ever.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I had a microwavable bag of cancer just today. Luckily only half the kernels popped.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This is awesome. There's already a lawfirm with a FAQ about popcorn lung! Wonder if we'll hear more from them soon ...

http://www.butterflavoringlunginjury.com/faq.htm

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Of course you're with Yawn. Colour me surprised.

Yeah, because drawing attention to potentially unsafe food is a sure symptom of the Nanny State.

You are probably still fuming over the banning of transfats because it was in food "you liked".

Just out of curiosity, do you think the FDA is part of the "food/drink police"?

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You're on blast.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm with you, I have an air popper.

The only issue is putting butter on it almost disintegrates it.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Hondo is still mad at noted It Takes A Village-ite, Upton Sinclair.

The Jungle. What a bunch of muckracking nonsense. We're a nation of pussies.

Draft saved Draft deleted