1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

microwave popcorn: satan's snack

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Sep 5, 2007.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I eat my popcorn plain, no salt or that crappy imitation buttery oil. :p

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

What the fuck does any of this have to do with the nanny state? No one's proposing a ban on microwave popcorn. I'm anti-nanny state, myself. Let all the idiots of the world poison themselves with toxic shit. Fine with me.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

hmmmm. I'd be concerned about second hand popcorn popping if I were you.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

If you are leaving a job and hate the people you work with, a good -- but not criminal -- going away gift is to put a bag of popcorn in the breakroom microwave, set the timer for 8 minutes and walk out with your box of stuff.

6. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

We have people microwave popcorn at my work on a fairly regular basis and I've never noticed the smell. (I don't eat much popcorn, so I've never done it at home).

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Do you also think that jalapenos are too bland? Did you grow up near power lines?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Wait till they burn it. Then you'll notice.

9. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

That may be the case re: burning it. As far as I know, they've not burned it. All I smell is popcorn, just like you smell at the movie theatre. And we don't have a stove, so I know they're microwaving it.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So people are idiots because they like popcorn -- or a product that one doctor thinks gave one patient lung cancer?

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I only buy it without butter, but finding plain microwave popcorn is getting harder and harder. Look at the variety of butters in your store sometime: movie-theatre butter, light butter, homestyle butter, extra butter, pour-over butter, smart-pop butter, etc. Ugh.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm not the only guy who still uses an air popper, am I? Not at work obviously, but when I'm at home, just pour the kernels into the popper and wait like two minutes. Way way way way way better than microwave popcorn. It's like filet mignon vs. tofu burgers good.

Draft saved Draft deleted