1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Microsoft patents 'Avoid Ghetto' feature for GPS

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Jan 6, 2012.

1. I assume this was a business methods patent, which is a whole heck of a lot shorter than a copyright or trademark. Too much is copyrightable now with the incredibly long (and growing longer thanks to Congress) terms of protection.

2. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I find this hilarious.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I didn't see weapons either. It sure looked like the one person was being shoved in a car.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well yeah, but it could have just been people trying to get their drunk-ass friend out of the middle of a road in a blind turn.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I'm sure there have been a few Sasquatch sitings in the ghetto the "scientists" could go investigate.

7. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Possibly, when I tell the story it will be a witnessed kidnapping.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I went to a Cardinals game on a visit to St. Louis and got on the freeway in the wrong direction afterward.

I didn't need a GPS to tell me to turn around when I saw the "Welcome to East St. Louis" sign.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Crossing a big river when you shouldn't have should've been your first clue.

Hope you left after a day game. :D

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

They should come with a prompt that says, "I notice you are deviating from the planned route. Are you stopping to take a piss, or shall I continue advising you to make a U-turn when possible?"

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Damn I was just about to call "patent" on that.

Draft saved Draft deleted