1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Microsoft patents 'Avoid Ghetto' feature for GPS

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Jan 6, 2012.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Put your blinker on immediately, there's an abutment there.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

If they had this in the 80's, Bonfire of the Vanities would never have been published (or filmed, what a disaster of a film.)

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

This and the pull about the baby on the corner were very nice. RIP Dave Chappelle('s career) :(

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Or Judgement Night

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I used to work at a TV station in a neighborhood so shitty that pizza places refused to deliver there.

I was standing out front one night, about to go home, when a co-worker pulled into the parking lot. A cop was right behind her. The officer stopped in front of me and asked "She's new, right?" I told him she was, it was her first week. He said "Let her know -- she doesn't EVER want to drive through the neighborhood she was just in."

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The bigger issue is that this sort of thing is patented at all.

Most software developments should probably be the territory of copyright or trademark law, not patent law.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I was slightly frightened driving through your 'hood. I still think we witnessed a kidnapping.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

There is nothing more dangerous than driving in a town with mothers tooling around in Suburban's while talking on the cell phones. This should also be an avoid option.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

We may have. But at least they didn't get US. And I didn't SEE any weapons. And I'm no snitch.

12. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

It's true. Here's her neighborhood watch signs:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted