1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Microsoft Office 2007

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jan 20, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Does anyone know if. when it comes out, how many computers can we put it on?
    For some reason, I seem to remember reading 2 a while ago, but I casn't find it. Am I wrong?

2. ARD

ARD Member

I think you're allowed two (laptop and desktop) unless you have Home and Student Edition, which allows three. But you lose Outlook if you pick H&S.

From WSJ's Walter Mossberg:

"In another move that will likely annoy many consumers, Microsoft has stripped Outlook from the low-price home version of Office. This version, which costs $150 and can be used on up to three computers, was formerly called Student and Teacher edition, and now has been renamed Home and Student. Formerly, you were supposed to have either a student or a teacher in your household to buy it, though stores never checked this. Now, that pretense has been dropped."

(http://ptech.wSportsJournalists.com/archive/ptech-20070104.html)

Draft saved Draft deleted