1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Microfracture surgery for Tracy McGrady

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

The shooter's creed;

"When you're on, shoot.

When you're off, shoot til you're on."

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I don't know if McGrady would ever admit it publicly, but if he could do it over again, I'd bet he stays in Toronto.

He is one of my all-time favourites to deal with, a funny, smart guy who was -- like many of us at 20 -- not life-experienced enough to know how good he had it. McGrady wanted to be "the guy" but the NBA hitched itself to Vince Carter at the time, and McGrady got a bit jealous. The thing was, Carter gladly would have accepted it. He's never been comfortable with the spotlight McGrady craved -- I'm convinced the guy is claustrophobic -- and generally prefers to be ignored.

Together, they could have been lethal. If he stays, I'm convinced both their careers would have been better.

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Good call Elliotte

I recall seeing an episode of OTR with him, Vince and Davis where they seemed to have a good chemistry which many of us Rap fans were hoping would translate into a lot of on court success.

Draft saved Draft deleted