1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mickelson: I would hit driver again at Winged Foot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

I really can't abide Phil. Almost Daly-esque in throwing his talent away. The guy doesn't want to win. A real mental midget. I love watching him lose. Thanks Phil!!!

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No offense, because it isn't just you, but do you honestly think he gives a shit?

He takes his second or his third and he hauls his bitch tits onto his private plane and goes home and bones his hot ass wife and tries to decide how to spend his millions.

Golf dorks trying to pop psycho-analyze him don't make no never mind. The people love his style. He's wildly rich. He plays golf for a living. Every once in a while, he gets hot and wins a tournament.

I honestly don't think beyond that he gives a shit. And I find the attitude refreshing.

3. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

No offense, because it isn't just you, but do you honestly think he gives a shit?

He takes his second or his third and he hauls his bitch tits onto his private plane and goes home and bones his hot ass wife and tries to decide how to spend his millions.

Golf dorks trying to pop psycho-analyze him don't make no never mind. The people love his style. He's wildly rich. He plays golf for a living. Every once in a while, he gets hot and wins a tournament.

I honestly don't think beyond that he gives a shit. And I find the attitude refreshing.
    [/quote]

No offense taken. I'm no pop-psych dork either. You're right on about him not giving a shit. Of course, its that "refreshing, I don't give a shit" attitude of his that has me watching less golf.

4. If only it was that easy :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe No. 18 is a dogleg and you have to smoke a teeshot to have a clear second shot to the green. Hitting a 4-iron off the tee almost rules out making a par entirely.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Assuming Phil hits a 4-iron off the tee.......230

That puts him short of the dogleg.

If I remember right, the hole was around 420.....that leaves 190ish left.

6 at the most or 7-iron left........probably 7 since you don't want to be deep.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

And if he misses the fairway with a 4-iron, and lands in the five-inch rough, he might be screwed worse than where he ended up hitting driver from. He was lucky, as it was, that his ball hit that hospitality tent and landed on trampled grass. Of course, maybe he punches out and makes bogey. Who knows.

Draft saved Draft deleted