1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michigan/Nevada/SC Primaries Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackyJackBN, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

One of the current problems with the process is that the so-called "best candidate" (as judged by the party regulars who are most-enthusiastically
    focused upon the primary process) is seldom the "best candidate" in the eyes of the broad population.

Just one of the reasons the deck's been stacked by the pros/insiders since Eisenhower/Stevenson . . .

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The chattering class may have given Thompson the duke, but the man looks like death after about 30 seconds in the microwave.
    Maybe the trophy Mrs. Thompson is into necrophilia.

3. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Fenian is right about Fred constantly checking his notes, which I consider much more of an indictment than the bags under his eyes and the hair he doesn't have. A saggy-jawed and beagle-eyed Olin D. Johnston won election after election in S.C.--never mind Strom Thurmond. Old Fred's lateness to the table will hurt him there much more than the fact that he's going to die someday. Just like the rest of us.

4. I don't think Fred's half-dead. He looks pretty healthy even discounting the eight hours he spent in the tanning salon before the SC debate. I just think he's a slow old hound who isn't completely sure why he's bothering with this whole bid'ness.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Yeppers. Looked like it was straight outta one of them Hollywood pictures shows.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I was amazed by that focus group. They fawned over Thompson. Who, admittedly, sounded better IF you weren't watching him READ his lines.

Just amazing.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

And you ignore my second point.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

At this point, it seems pretty clear that the Clinton camp is desperate to bait Obama into a racial debate.

An anonymous Clinton adviser made an interesting comment to The Guardian, explaining the difference between Hillary supporters and Obama supporters.

"If you have a social need, you're with Hillary," the aide said. "If you want Obama to be your imaginary hip black friend and you're young and you have no social needs, then he's cool."

http://tpmelectioncentral.com/2008/01/clinton_aide_obama_is_for_people_who_want_imaginary_hip_black_friend.php

I hope he continues to remain above this bullshit -- JJJR notwithstanding.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

BO's too smart to climb into the mudpit with those creeps.

There are places he might trip and fall, but getting suckered into futile fights with debased political animals isn't his inclination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.