1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michigan/Nevada/SC Primaries Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackyJackBN, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

It's as if these people want Obama to lose. Yikes.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

WTF?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Clearly, Bat, you're failing to account for Mittmentum.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Zeke, although I support Obama, I wouldn't get too much into the "Hillary plays dirty" mode. Obama comes out of Chicago politics, community organizing yet. That ain't nursery school.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm just floored at how exclusive each party seems to be. Obama's ideas of unity are scoffed at by the Dems. Huckabee isn't enough of a conservative for the GOP.

It's that extremist factionalism version of politics that has helped ruin debate and discourse.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

The point of the primary process is to choose who is the best candidate among the choices - the time to come together behind a candidate is later. Why are you troubled by that? What has Huckabee or Obama done to earn the default status that everyone should line up behind them?

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

tag on the new thread

9. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Fred Thompson repeatedly referred to Huckabee tonight, in the debate and the post mortems, as a Christian candidate. Powerful yet subtle, like a magnum of Thunderbird.

Let's see if it works.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Thompson had the line of the debate tonight:

Talking about the Iranian boats buzzing our ships ... "I think one more step and they would have been introduced to those virgins that they're looking forward to seeing."

11. ...and then he looked down at his notes, again, and dreamed of bourbon.
    Guy, you misapprehend the difference between the discussion zeke and I are having and the phenomenon I pointed out. For me, at least, I wouldn't argue that Obama's not progressive enough for the nomination. (My objections to him are largely tactical and easily overcome). The GOP -- and not necessarily the RNC, but the constituent interest groups like the FRC and the Club For Growth -- are attempting to tell me that neither Huckabee nor McCain meets the definition of a "conservative." If they persist in that, the GOP will become a regionalized, Southern party.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Rudy was so dying to get his "The change that the Dems want is change out of your pocket" joke that his writers came up with, that he used the line on an unrelated question and then stepped all over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.