1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michigan/Nevada/SC Primaries Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackyJackBN, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

John Fund had a televised focus group following the Hillary crying incident in which a large percentage of NH voters (within this small group) who had been against her or neutral before had switched to favor her. I pooh-poohed it at the time, but then came the election results...

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well, she could play that card once.

Once.

Now, it's on to something else.

3. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I gotta say, HH, it looked pretty genuine to me. It's a grueling process, people get tired.

That little sweety Camille Paglia agrees with you.

I agree that Hillary will be better off avoiding tearful moments in the future if she can.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

God, let him go down for the third time.

Kos . . . wrong, again.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I tend to agree with you, but there is a sort of Merry Prankster glee in keeping Romney alive, only to be crushed in South Carolina, leading to Rudy's Only Stand in Florida.

What chaos.

7. Thanks for stating this one, JJ.
    There are a lot of evangelical voters in Michigan, so the Huck's got a better shot than you might think. Michigan's been underrated for its history of Kwazeee Konservative religion. Father Coughlin's church still stands in Royal Oak).
    However, and it's a big however, this has now risen up to bite him.
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2008/01/huckabee_opponents_criticize_p.php

That parole, of course, was the direct response to a campaigh by well-paid anti-Clinton zombies who thought that Bill 'n Hill would "do anything to win."

8. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

A bow in your direction, sir; just wanted to get off the schneid.

I mentioned elsewhere that it's interesting that the source of the "analysis" isn't usefully identified by tpm.

That parole will play better, if that's the word, in Michigan than S.C.

I don't think Huckabee has a chance at the GOP nomination, barring some sea change. I smell McCain.

9. Not for nothing, but, if you look closely, you will discover that the source of the analysis is our old friend Mr. A.P.

10. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Arnold should have retired years ago...wait a second.

Actually, it's the "advocacy group" that's not well identified.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Are you ever going to stop with this false dichotomy? It's beneath you and anyone who can read.

Just because some crazy people hate the Clintons doesn't put them above criticism.

For fuck's sake.

12. As soon as you stop with the idiotic Hillary=Rove ahistorical gibberish, we will meet in the middle and devlop a new consensus.
    Oh, and I'll stipulate that young Cuomo should shut up if you'll stipulate that Jesse, Jr, should shut up with the "Why did she cry in NH when she didn't cry over Katrina?" crap, and Michael Eric Dyson stops going on TV and teaming up with Pat Fucking Buchanan to argue about NH voters being essentially racist. This campaign could do with a surrogate-free couple of weeks, I'm thinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.