1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michigan could forfeit win over Penn State

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jakewriter82, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Sitting in his office Lloyd Carr says, "No forfeit to Penn State? You're still my bitch Joe!"
    At that moment, 600 miles away, walking down the hall to his office Joe Paterno feels a sudden chill run down his spine and his knees get weak. He shudders and notices he's wet himself.

2. Which means Colin Cowtard is still a tool. He teased this story before I turned him off about Notre Dame getting it's first win. Apparently, he ran with something and acted like he was the authority again. I'm curious to see if anyone else on here was desperate enough to listen to Cowturd and let us know what was said. His tease, apparently, was inacurate. Curious to see if his take on the story changed after he read more into it.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well now, THAT'S certainly a shock. ::)

Uhhh, no. :p

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

A sophomore in his fifth year? Holy shit.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

He's like the guy from Coach. Didn't it take him eight years to get 30 credits?

6. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

The NCAA doesn't have a reputation for being lenient on programs that self-sanction. Just ask the Oklahoma football program or the Ohio State basketball program.

Should they take the win away from Michigan? Honestly, I don't think they should. What penalty is appropriate? I don't know but taking away one of the few wins this program is going to earn this year isn't the answer.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

[​IMG]

Goddamnit, 7 years of college down the drain.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not gonna happen...

Big Ten rules Michigan won't forfeit any games for ineligible player

October 4, 2007

FREE PRESS STAFF REPORTS

The Big Ten Conference ruled today that Michigan will not have to forfeit any games this season after the Wolverines allowed an ineligible player to play against Penn State.

The Michigan athletic department reported an administrative error involving freshman Artis Chambers.

Chambers was ruled ineligible because of his grades at Michigan, according to his high school coach in Ft. Wayne, Ind. Chambers enrolled at the university last January.

He had been eligible to play under NCAA rules, but not the rules of the Big Ten.

There is no word on whether Michigan will be punished by the Big Ten.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Don't worry. Shreveport is a day trip for Arkansas fans. Plenty of rooms to be had.

10. Starman

When an ineligble player is used, the game is forfeited. That's been pretty much consistent since the beginning of time.

But not for Meeeeeeechigan. Of course, they didn't "forfeit" the basketball games won with ineligble players in the Ed Martin deal, either -- they "vacated" them, meaning they don't count them as wins, but not as losses either.

11. Starman

Well, the next time the Big Ten ever penalizes Michigan will certainly be an historic occasion. :D :D

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hey, quit picking on the fine upstanding citizens that attend the University of Meeeecccchhhhigan.

Draft saved Draft deleted