1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michigan BLOG! says Lloyd Carr to retire next Monday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rufino, Nov 12, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Trgovac, maybe, but under the radar. Ferentz, no, because Big Ten schools don't raid others like the SEC does. Petrino, maybe, because of his recent tie to the college game. Gruden? I can't see that at all.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Cinci's Brian Kelly could be an interesting choice. He's had success from Grand Valley, then Central Michigan and now Cinci.

One drawback could be that he has only held the job at each of his last two stops.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And he has one advantage -- he turned down Sparty

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Caving, Slaps, in the sense that Miles wants the search done his way, or else he's taking his ball and going home.

And I see him having a stint that would make Michigan folks yearn for John Cooperesque 8-5 seasons.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you can get Les Miles, you get Les Miles. And I didn't realize Michigan HAD and offensive coordinator.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He never had a chance at Sparty, since he never brought George Perles fresh jockey shorts in the sauna bath or fetched Little Debbie cakes for Nick Saban, two cast-iron prequisites for all viable candidates, since Sparty's highest priority was to perpetuate the unbroken tradition of gleaming excellence established by those legendary titans of the sidelines.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I can see Miles being really good early, or keeping the status quo of 10-2/9-3/8-4 and trips to Tampa/Orlando/San Antonio

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Monday Morning note: Who is going to be the poster starting the Lloyd Carr Retires thread, instead of jumping in on this one? Not "would be" but "is going to be" as in current active member?

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And it's official.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3118569

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

All the places you could have gone and you choose ESPN for the official statement???

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

In his defense it's not official until ESPN reports it...

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Can't believe the AD says he has 20 names on his list, unless it is the list all ADs make and keep regardless of their coaching situation. I think Miles is either wearing blue on Wednesday or he announces he is no longer interested. When you are coaching the No. 1 team in the country what can you say in an interview that would add or detract from what Michigan needs to know? Check to make sure the NCAA isn't investigating LSU and get it done.

Draft saved Draft deleted