1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michigan BLOG! says Lloyd Carr to retire next Monday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rufino, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

This is one of the best college football blogs out there and it's hardly a shock Carr might hang it up, so I suspect this is legit. Your mileage may vary, though...

http://mgoblog.blogspot.com/2007/11/carr-retiring-announcement-coming-next.html

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Fuck that blog. [/angry Detroit News writer]

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

So who gets the LSU job?

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Les Miles is already there.
    Wait? You mean he might be interested in leaving? I highly doubt that, good sir.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Lot of speculation that they'd go after Tuberville, or elevate Pelini to the HC job at last.

6. Johnsonville

Johnsonville Member

Don't discount Petrino to LSU or Auburn.

7. Petrino had a bad interview with LSU after Saban left, leaving LSU officials underwhelmed. I think you can cross him off your speculation list for LSU if Miles leaves for Michigan.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Michigan's first, second and third phone calls should be to Tubbs. He can recruit in the Southeast, including South Florida, and he obviously wants to leave the Plains.

If Michigan calls Miles, and not Tubbs, that would be a bad move. The rest of the SEC would hate that move.

Had one SEC assistant tell me in the offseason that LSU didn't win the national title last year because "Les Miles is their coach."
    "That simple?" I asked.
    "Absolutely," he replied.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Then he would fit right in at Michigan, then.

10. lloyd

lloyd New Member

Les Miles to Michigan would be a DISASTER for Michigan football. He's the new John Cooper -- never did so little with so much talent.
    It's time to get away from the Bo tree. Far, far away.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Johnny Blackshirt says Rufino is full of shit.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I don't see them pulling that off anytime soon, just like Penn State won't avoid the Paterno tree.

Draft saved Draft deleted