1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michelle Wie update:

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I still say the next time her parents or anybody else enters her in a men's tournament, she should walk out to the first tee, tee the ball up, walk 180 degrees around to the other side of the ball, wind up, drive the ball as hard as she can right through the plate glass window of the clubhouse, toss her bag and clubs into the nearest water hazard, storm off the course, and immediately retain independent legal counsel to sue her parents for willful career mismanagement.

2. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Life has been pretty good in the world of distaff sports for two months or so:

-- Almost no Michelle Wie sightings on golf courses with grown-ups while she's been doing the Stanford thing.
    -- A cool catfight between goalies on the U.S. women's soccer team.
    -- Marion Jones is forced to fess up just ahead of the posse.
    -- I only run across Danica Patrick when I visit GoDaddy.com to register domain names.

So when do the WNBA playoffs start?

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Cadet and sportschick have no idea why they just swore loudly.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I just found a new use for the blast function.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wie never got to be a teenage girl. It's always going to haunt her.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I think someone has pointed this out before, but it's worth pointing out again: even though Wie grew up in Hawaii, she's essentially South Korean. You have to understand the enormous level of respect kids (especially girls) are forced to show their parents in Korean culture. Emotionally, she could no sooner sue her parents than she could will herself to shoot 63 at this point. A rebellion like that, even if it would ultimately be in her self-interest, just isn't in her DNA.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

That was just flat out funny.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

And now her agent resigns...

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3064248

But don't worry! Everything is fine! Nothing to see here!

9. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I am laughing my ass off at this. Are you kidding me? The agent made the smartest move of their career.
    Agent knew Wie is sinking ship, so get out while you can ;D

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Is Wie destined for the Jennifer Capriati moment? Face down on the floor of a crack motel, stoned to the gills?

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

the guy she's with when that happens will be uber-lucky.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

At least Capriati won something

Draft saved Draft deleted