1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michelle Wie update:

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Oct 14, 2007.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

DFL thru three rounds

http://www.lpgascoring.com/leaderboard.html

2. markvid

markvid Guest

There's only 20 people in that field?

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

She started Saturday with bogey, bogey, birdie, triple bogey. Guess she was hung over from celebrating her back-to-back 79's in round 1 & 2.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Leave her alone! Go after Laura Davies ... She's 40. She's a m.... (opps, sorry).

5. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

My goodness... was she wearing that red dress while playing?

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

That's the biggest laugh I've had this weekend! Very very well done!

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

What did Wie do in the last 12 months to get invited to such an exclusive field? She certainly wasn't in the top 20 on the money list, was she?

8. accguy

accguy Member

She was invited into the field very, very earlier this year. I think before she hurt her wrist. For as much as people question Doug Ferguson, he wrote a couple of good pieces on this topic this week.

It is pretty much a joke that she got in. But allegedly she sells tickets.

She was supposed to change women's golf, but now there are several teens/early 20s golfers that are more accomplished. It's amazing that Wie gets this much attention when she hasn't won a tournament -- not a single one -- since she won the US Women's Public Links when she was 13 or 14.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The LPGA got egg on the face when Wie played this week and Sorenstam didn't qualify. Other players are tired of the LPGA changing rules of eligibility for tournaments to get her in. I think she's at 14:58 and ticking.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

It's sad really how her father and others around her have completely mismanaged her career.

11. Editude

Editude Active Member

So she rallies with a 71 to finish 19th, 36 shots behind.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Keep in mind too that she's never won a 72 hole stroke-play tournament at any level.

Draft saved Draft deleted