1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michelle Wie to tee it up vs. men ... again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TwoGloves, Jul 21, 2008.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Didn't see this posted elsewhere. Will she and her family never learn?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gEq7GDkxqyRWuolXCbIQKuAyY4SAD922EAK03

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Will she remember to sign her scorecard?

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Is she going to want to sign her scorecard after shooting 90

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Golf discriminates against the illiterate. Discuss.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

A win or high finish would have all but guaranteed her enough money to finish in the top 80 LPGA players this year, the cutoff for automatic inclusion in next year's tour.

There's been speculation Wie would concentrate solely on women's competition, especially after last year when she injured both wrists and made only two cuts.

Wie's chances of securing a 2009 LPGA Tour card now rest with her winning roughly $80,000 in her final tournament, which probably would take a top-three finish. Otherwise, she could be headed to the first of two stages of qualifying.

"I think the qualifying conflicts with school, so I probably won't go to that," Wie said last month at the U.S. Women's Open in Minnesota. But that was when she had greater hopes of winning enough money to become exempt for next year.

Her father made it sound as though Q-school was a distinct possibility at the time.

"What other options do we have?" he said.

What a mess.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

This is my baby. And while I don't mind the hounds being released, I have one favor to ask all of you from a professional standpoint.

Due to my screwup, NOT ANYONE ELSE'S, the story Doug sent out has a wrong quote from Wie. When you guys use this story, I'd appreciate you dropping a PM and I will send you the right quote.

AP has the revised release, but they're using the wrong quote.

This is rather important to me and my client, so I'd appreciate this.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think with Tiger out, she'll do great.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Well, if she can't get her LPGA Tour card, maybe she'll win Reno-Tahoe and get a PGA Tour card and that spot in the Masters she covets so much.

9. accguy

accguy Member

Two gloves,

You can't win if you don't make the cut. And I'm guessing that she won't come close to making the cut.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The cut? I see an "injury" around the 11th hole after being 9 over

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I see the He-man woman-hating club is out in force here. I mean, where do you guys get off picking on this poor girl -- all she is trying to do is live out her dreams and be the best she can be.......

12. lono

lono Active Member

Michelle Fraud is a Wie.

Draft saved Draft deleted