1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michelle Obama tape rumors?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Jun 4, 2008.

1. From my perspective, it's not. But I probably am a bit too naive.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Would you clarify your statement? What real attitudes are you referring to? Michelle Obama's toward whites? White people toward blacks? What?

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well that make sense, I mean we are a nation of sexist pigs who hate strong women, just ask Hillary....

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I'm glad we've all chosen to accept that this tape exists and that she said what she's purported to have said - on the strength of Mizzougrad's having repeated it three times. Is that the new standard? Hear a rumor three times and it's true?

Gonna save me a lot of shoeleather on reporting.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Mizzou is full of shit, as usual. I lived and worked for a newspaper in Illinois when Obama ran for senate in 2004. There wasn't even the briefest hint of a rumor this existed back then. Does anyone honestly believe that if a tape was out there, the GOP wouldn't have used it at the time? What, they were prescient enough to think a black man would become the Democratic Party's nominee four years later?

Bull. Shit.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think anybody here, including myself, assumes it's true.

It's what people close to the situation are saying, nothing less, nothing more.

If there was more to it, we'd have read about it somewhere other than a message board.

I'll believe the tape exists when I see it.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

No, this is the belief by two people you happen to know in Illinois, who "cover Illinois government," most likely for a blog.

And I've covered enough prep sports to know "that's what a lot of people think" means "I'm mad because my benchwarming kid didn't get a feature story."

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Nobody gave half a shit what Michelle Obama had to say in 2003 or 2004.

If I was the republicans and I had a copy of this tape I'd wait to use it as well.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What situation? The reverse racism tape restorations freedom fighters?

10. Michelle Obama's toward whites, if this is true. That's a big "if," far as I can tell.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Mizzougrad with the pulse of Illinois. Please. Got a tape, produce it. Otherwise it's all bullshit. The GOP's level of desperation -- and, therefore, Rovian, slimeball tactics -- will reach an all-time high before this is over.

12. Yes, because we all know guys like Carville and Begala are stone-cold patriots who never would resort to "slimeball" tactics ... please ...

Draft saved Draft deleted