1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michelle Obama tape rumors?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

This is a rumor being propagated by right-wing kook Larry Johnson. He claims to have heard about it from five people who were there. He's been claiming the same thing for months, with constant threats that it's about to drop. And he's been unable to produce it whenever asked.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

This has been out there waaaaaay too long to be true. And if it existed, do you REALLY think the Clinton machine wouldn't have gotten its hands on it?

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I posted this on another thread a few minutes ago.
    _____

The Michelle "whitey" tape appears to be a hoax.

Depending on what you read in the BLOGosphere, either the tape does not exist:

http://www.chron.com/commons/persona.html?newspaperUserId=desperado&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3AdesperadoPost%3A22b7f3fe-24ad-4bc5-868c-b3798f622612

... or Michelle is saying "why'd he," as in "why'd he (Bush) let New Orleans drown?"

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=OTg1YjIzYjFkNjEyMzBiNTY0MDE4ZGRmNjdlN2RjODA=

So, unless a tape magically appears ... nothing to see here.

4. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Allegedly, according to the rumor "updates," the tape is from a panel discussion including Michelle Obama and Farrakahn's wife.

The kicker is, it was supposedly filmed in late June 2004, roughly a month before the Democratic convention where Obama gave the big speech. If there was some secret Michelle Obama rant from 15 years ago that was incendiary in some respect, it wouldn't shock me. But to go on this purported rant while her husband was campaigning for a U.S. Senate seat? I just don't see it.

The preponderance of evidence at this moment is that Larry Johnson, who is virulently anti-Obama and pro-Hillary, was making this whole thing up as a scare tactic in a last-gasp attempt to convince superdelegates to hold off their endorsements and thus promote "Operation Chaos"

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

[​IMG]

Damn, I knew Whitey was a bad guy, but I didn't know he was involved in the Katrina fuckup.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Sorry, but if it's on the internet, it must be true. Your "facts" won't dissuade me.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I like that woman more and more every day.

She's entitled to everything she has said or has been rumored to have said.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus, you db'd DB on this one.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/1819331/

FAIL

9. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Wait, does this mean Deeper Background was. . .wrong?!?!?

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

In fairness, though, D_B's thread was locked.

11. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

C'mon that sounds fake from the get-go. If you believed this, you've probably sent money to an African prince who emailed you. Who uses "whitey" as a pejorative?

Draft saved Draft deleted