1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michelle Obama and the Evolution of a First Lady

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 6, 2012.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Times profile adapted from Jodi Kantor's upcoming book, The Obama's Obamas.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Rahm Emanuel was supposed to be the ultimate knife-fighter. Best I can tell, his profanity camouflaged his perpetual willingness to cave.

I know very little about Michelle Obama, but I think being crossways with Rahm speaks well of her.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Mike Allen's Playbook had a bit this morning about the book.

It was basically, the Obamas don't like to socialize much and haven't had any former presidents over for dinner. Also made an interesting comparison with Michelle Obama as Bill Clinton with Barack being Hillary.

As the board's leading Hillary Clinton supporter (patent pending) I smirked, then laughed out loud.

4. YankeeFan

Politico has about 10 postings based on the book:

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

There seems to be a book about almost every First Lady involving themselves in the politics of the White House. Barbara Bush is the only one that comes to mind that seemed to stay below the radar.

I never take them seriously.

6. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

"Eat your damn vegetables and exercise."

7. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Rahm Emanuel may have been the ultimate knife-fighter, but he was also a classic DLC Democrat, which means he was in cahoots with many of the same interests as Republicans - big business, etc. Remember that Emanuel first became a national political player while working for Bill Clinton, who was one of the first DLCers.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's right, exercise is bad for you. I'm with Boom. It defies credulity that First Ladies wouldn't have SOME influence on their husbands. But all White House insider stories are exclusively sourced by the losers of power struggles seeking to shift blame elsewhere.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

"Don't preach to us until you can get your husband to quit smoking."

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The Obama's what?

11. YankeeFan

Damn it!

Yeah, I guess that should have been a plural and not a possessive.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It's about Obamas wife

Draft saved Draft deleted