1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michelle Beadle

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I think she'd be a great host for an NFL studio show. It would be nice to have someone funny on a panel.

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Or, according to that story, not.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

ESPN will not allow comedy to enter its Serious Coverage.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

She's 35. Not sure I'd call that "late 30s."

Or at least I hope not.

Sincerely,

A 35-year-old woman

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

That's a pretty remarkable interview with Daulerio. Credit to him.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It's amazing what is news these days. I couldn't even imagine the conversation 25 years ago if I went to an editor and said, "Hey, listen to THIS story I got here!"

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

[blue]Shockingly, Deadspin ran with a lightly sourced story![/blue]

8. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

I, too, am Beadle fan. She has charisma and personality to spare. But Sportsnation is a terrible, terrible show. Not just because she is stuck with the insufferable, skeletal Colin Cowherd.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I actually think that Sportsnation "works", in the sense that it's a breezy, middle of the day show that leads well into Around the Horn (which is truly bad to me) and Pardon the Interruption (still good, thanks to the charisma between Tony and Mike). Unfortunately though, I think Beadle is going to get sandbagged with Cowherd because the ratings are strong. I think if anyone else short of Bayless and/or Steven A. Smith was co-host, the ratings would be even better.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

What I like about Beadle is that even with the light-hearted nature of SportsNation, she's still able to have an opinion and stick to it (i.e. her thoughts on Michael Vick). Doesn't seem like she feels the need to be a kiss ass just to get in line with the rest of the company.

11. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

I follow her on Twitter. She does seem to spend a LOT of time in bars, be it NYC or LA.

She gets kudos from me for having to deal with Cowherd for 30 minutes on TV each day.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I do.

Draft saved Draft deleted