1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michelle Beadle

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Help me understand something.

Is the majority of the noise around her seriously about a couple throwaway comments re: Erin Andrews and some rumor that she got slithered after the ESPYs? Or is she, you know, doing good work on Sportsnation?

I saw her work, I dunno, two years ago. Seemed good, but Sportsnation (and Colin Cowherd) isn't someone I have a real passion to watch. I figured she would have moved on to something more substantial by now.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I find her very likeable. Never met her. But she's very likeable on TV.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Deadspin has run some stuff about her banging (or trying to bang) Clay Matthews at the ESPYs, I think.

4. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Know a college age male who loves Beadle. That's her crowd, even if she is in her what late 30s?

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Does anyone really consider her a journalists?

6. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

She's a dead ringer from the woman from Reno 911.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

In the shorts? Um, that's not a woman.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Her appeal is that, as IJAG said, she's likeable, and as Second Thoughts almost said, she's attractive.

She seems approachable. She seems like the type of person who realistically could walk up to a guy and say "I just want to get fucked," which is, of course, every 20-something-year-old man's fantasy. And she seems knowledgeable about sports, especially next to Colin Cowherd.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Agree on all of this. She just has an airiness about her that translates really well to television. If anything, I'd say she's miscast at ESPN, except that she genuinely seems to love sports. She seems like she would be a natural for the Hannah Storm career path.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if leaving the WWL might be in her best interest if this is the path she's following? In the early days, ESPN had quite a few female anchors (Gayle Gardner and Robin Roberts are at the top of the class, of course), but, beyond Storm, Doris Burke and Pam Oliver (who they keep force-feeding us), few seem to rise beyond the ranks of reporters or sideline reporters (is Michelle Tafoya still on the payroll?).

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It was Aaron Rodgers:

http://deadspin.com/5827414/did-michelle-beadle-tell-aaron-rodgers-i-just-wanna-get-fucked-after-the-espys-espn-wants-to-know

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's Pam Ward, not Oliver. And Tafoya just left the MNF sideline and replaced Andrea Kreamer (another former ESPNer) on the Sunday Night sideline.

Draft saved Draft deleted