1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Michele's Must Read List"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Why assume the two are mutually exclusive? Can someone not care deeply about poverty and consider Ms. Bachmann a racist?

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Most would have to admit she would likely be better off not voicing every precious thought which pops into her head . . . not to mention the lack of any substantial documentation of the outrageous claim she made.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

Only if you let your own personal bias get in the way of inner-city reality. And exactly how do you care about poverty? By calling Bachmann a racist I suppose.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What?

There's nothing in that post that makes a lick of sense.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

And the same people reply.

Namely: You.

Seems like this has been a perfectly civil discussion. Like I said, part of me thinks I should have put it on the Journalism Board, because there is a lot to discuss about Lizza as a political reporter there, as well. He has quite a streak going right now of very readable political profiles. A lot to learn from him across journalistic genres.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's not that hard to just skip over the usual replies from the the usual people.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Every Bachmann thread results in someone calling her the c-word and then it gets locked.

Hopefully that won't be the case here.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

C word & Nazi stuff is different.

That should be unacceptable.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Corndog?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Mizzougrad96

The corndog is just too funny not to use. I'm surprised some of the people here don't have it as their avatar. :D

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Also hilarious: Marcus Bachmann pretending he's never put his lips around a disgusting, horrible, sweet, sweet, juicy corndog.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Mizzougrad96

Every candidate needs a "food handler"

"Sorry, if the candidate can't eat it with a utensil, or drink it, don't give it to them."

If Bachmann gets the nomination (She won't) if I was a democrat, I would just put that photo on billboards across the country.

Draft saved Draft deleted