1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Michele's Must Read List"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 15, 2011.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

After reading Matt Taibbi's profile on her, I don't think that's the case at all. She's the best campaigner in the field.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I don't see how she gets on the ticket, but she's being very well-advised by a proven pro, and is
    performing to the best of her bizarre abilities.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I thought she'd recommend the "Prey" books.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I don't think he did. Romney didn't put up much of an effort in the straw poll, which is basically who can payoff the most people to vote for them. It was telling that she got that many people to come out and signify their support for her, but by no means was this an indication for what will happen in January/February.

Also, this isn't the first time Bachmann has been in trouble for something like this. She also signed that pledge that had the "African American children had a more stable family base after they were slaves than when Obama was in office" in it. I think she got caught up in one part of the book and glossed over or didn't read the other part, which if true is pretty scary.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm sure the slaves were heartbroken that they had to leave those lavish plantations where they had made such comfortable lives.

Its great when the dominant class tells the underclass how they should live their lives because the dominant class "knows better" than the underclass. Really? You know what the slaves wanted and felt?

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The New Yorker story, like I said, is tremendous. The slave stuff is the most salacious, but really the tip of the iceberg. I saw someone online call it an "intellectual biography" of Bachmann, and that's a pretty good description. Lizza really does his homework. If I'm any national pol and he calls my people to do a profile, many sleepless nights ensue.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

There are times when I wish I could just keep pressing the fast forward button until it's December 2012, so that I'd miss all the build-up and election.

But then, I'd just get older more quickly and not really take the necessary time to really enjoy all those pieces of pie. Perhaps I could hit the pause button for those.

And, perhaps I've been watching "The Upside Down Show" with my son a bit too much.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Also, some might say the Nazis were good at first, before they went to far.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Haters grasp for any straws to justify their hatred.

10. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

11. printdust

printdust New Member

And the knee-jerk reaction to that is to call her a racist when its easier for a liberal to ignore the enormously high rate of poverty among inner-city children. It doesn't improve a thing, but it makes us feel better about our own consciences, right?

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Let's just start locking this shit now, because the same people keep starting thread after thread on this stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted