1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick's letter to the judge

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Dec 15, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/ajc/pdf/vickletters/vick1.pdf

Also, keep going for letters of support from Hank Aaron and George Foreman, among others. Note that in the first paragraph, Foreman can't resist plugging his fucking grills.

About as shameless as anything in Vick's letter.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The Foreman letter is fan-freaking-tastic.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yah yah yah, blah blah blah. He's sorry, sorry, sorry, boo hoo. He wants to be a spokesman for PETA.

Bull fucking shit.

PETA, the ASPCA, and all other animal rights groups should preemptively crush this shit in the bud, make a public announcement that they categorically reject any personal involvement by Vick, the Animal Murderer, in their efforts, direct anyone supportive of their cause to utterly disassociate themselves from Vick, the Animal Torturer, and state ahead of time they will not accept, in fact will utterly and unconditionally reject and defy, any court order or sentence agreement which calls for Vick, the Animal Murderer, to serve in any capacity whatsoever with their organizations, with one exception: "We Want His Fucking Money. All of it."

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

At least he waited until page 2 to refer to himself in the third person.

5. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I believe his letter.

Working around young African-American males who come from the inner city, it is amazing to see some of the warped beliefs that these individuals have, simply because of where they come from.

I can't truly understand these individuals because I do not have these shared experiences, but when Vick says that he saw friends being arrested for guns and drugs but not dogfighting, I believe him. It is very easy to see where dogfighting became something acceptable to him because it was common within his culture.

I really don't think that Vick is a bad guy. He's done some bad things, but then again, a lot of basically good people have done bad things. Good and bad aren't 100%. . . there are shades of good and bad within all of us and I'm sure that we have all done things that we wouldn't like to be made public.. . . especially in the manner that Vick's problems were done.

Although I'm not sure about his PETA comments, the rest of that letter sounded pretty sincere. And, it sounded like those were his words, and not written by somebody like me for him.

6. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

The mayor of Atlanta wrote a letter? Geez.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The part about smoking weed because he was heartbroken after his dad attacked him made me kind of sad. Maybe I'm naive, but I think I'd turn to drugs too if my own father trashed me in my darkest hour.

8. KG

KG Active Member

That surprised me, because she usually comes across as a hardass.

9. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

That's what I mean. I believe the letter is sincere.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Big George is Coaching Me To Knock Out The Cancer? What the fuck is that about? Is that another plug for his grills.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

It's better for Atlanta's coffers overall if he plays.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Any chance this will be Vick's roomie for the next year and a half?
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted