1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick's fun times continue

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportshack06, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i thought this was settled on the water bottle thread. vick is innocent of everything. all ya'all are bigots.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Dead. To. Me.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Carl Peterson's game of chicken might work out after all.

4. boots

boots New Member

Mike Vick may be going to jail. The latest is that witnesses can identify him being at some matches. This is not going to end well for him.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Bigots, homophobes, racists, transgenderaphobes and downright meanies........

You're Damn Skippy we are......and loving it.......

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Nothing will happen to Vick, NOTHING BAD THAT IS. He's rich and privleged.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So was Rae Carruth

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Someone's saying there's a tape showing Vick at a dog fight ...

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/05/16/0517vicktape.html

The Humane Society of the United States is offering a $2500 reward for evidence that leads to conviction ...

A couple of things come to mind. Kinda spit-balling here, but if the HSUS is going after Vick, they might want to increase their budget. I mean, he can easily beat $2500, and you have to consider who's likely to have such evidence: Other people who are involved in dog fighting. Are we to believe HSUS will just write a check and say "go and sin no more"? Nah, Vick can make that evidence go away by handing over more cash. This prosecutor sounded very skeptical to me.

9. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Now then... in light of Goodell's desire to clean up the image of the league, does Vick get a suspension if wrongdoing is discovered?

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No it is Bobby Petrino calling the athletic director at Louisville to see if his old position has been filled yet......

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Has it been written anywhere that there were a rash of mutilated pit bulls showing up around Tech when Vick was there playing football? I just cannot bring myself to type "going to school" at Tech.

Pretty sure that would have been documented somewhere.

12. boots

boots New Member

It just gets worse and worse for Mike.
    NORFOLK, Va. -- A prosecutor, sheriff and investigators are scheduled to meet Monday to review evidence collected in the weeks since dogs and equipment associated with dog fighting were seized from a home owned by NFL star Michael Vick.

No charges have been filed in the case, but Surry County Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald Poindexter said Wednesday as many as six to 10 people could be involved.

Dog fighting is a felony in Virginia.

"I'm convinced from what I saw that dog fighting has occurred down there, but who was involved in it I don't know at this point," Poindexter said in a telephone interview, noting that he saw what looked like blood spatters in a room over a garage.

"We're going to find out."

Draft saved Draft deleted