1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick's an Eagle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Aug 13, 2009.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

They'll boo him too. Make no mistake about it.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

They booed Ben Franklin.

Prove they didn't.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Until he makes his first nice pass or run.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Isn't Marvin Harrison's bar, or whatever the hell it is, in Philly?

Two questions...

1. With Vick, do the Eagles have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl?

2. With Vick, do the Eagles have a better chance of going 4-12?

I think #2's answer is a lot higher than #1's.

Kolb must be even worse than I remember him being, and my memories of him are putrid.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

On ESPN, Gruden said Vick might be the final piece to get the Eagles over the hump. I immediately began questioning ESPN's wisdom in hiring him.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Try as I might, I don't understand this logic...

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If Vick can suddenly morph from an overrated, has-been QB to a No. 1 WR, then, ya, he could be the missing piece.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

KYSW likes this.

9. 93Devil

The Eagles are a good team. Let's say their chance to win the Super Bowl is 5% better with Vick, but he could implode the locker room. I would say there is a 25% chance of that happening.

They already have McNabb, Westbrook and a young Jackson. They were thisfreekingclose to making the Super Bowl last year, and I think they would have beaten Pittsburgh if given the chance.

The defense just had their longtime coordinator pass away, so half the players are dealing with that, now the offense has to deal with this guy?

Remember, you could argue that they were one of the 3-4 best teams in the league last season.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hide your beagle, Vick's an Eagle

11. chilidog75

chilidog75 Member

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Sunday Night Game of the Week on Dec. 6 might be in the House that Deion Built.
    Think that game will be hyped a wee bit? Talk about distractions. McNabb is going to be longing for a Rush Limbaugh diatribe by the time that week's over.

By the way, how many carries will Vick get a game? Four? Eight? They're not going to pay him that money to hold a clipboard. He's going to get on the field. And what that will do, whether it's effective or not, is make teams devote quite a bit of practice time to stopping him.

I don't think it makes the Eagles a Super Bowl team by any means. But if he's anywhere close to the runner he was two years ago, they'll be a bitch to prepare for.

12. 93Devil

CB, Pittsburgh went 10-6 in 2007 and was run out of the playoffs at home to a team quarterbacked by a guy named Gerrard.

The next year they win the Super Bowl with zero significant changes. They just got a little older, a little better and a little luckier with certain bounces of the football.

The Eagles are fucking with a good thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted