1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick's an Eagle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Aug 13, 2009.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

This makes it easier for me to tell the Philly-area in-laws that my son won't be rooting for the Eagles this season. Now I've got the Michael Vick excuse (he won't root for any team that has Vick on its roster) as opposed to the end of last season where the excuse was "daddy's a Giants fan, so he will root for the Giants"

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Exactly. BY week 6, which means week 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6. No later.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Stolen from a friend's Facebook status:

xxx is wondering if Andy Reid's kids will be a bad influence on Michael Vick.

:D

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

PETA: Philadelphia Eagles Take Assholes.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

NICE!

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I think Sonner's got it. Why drop 1.6m on a clipboard carrier? They're going to do other things with him. It's a great situation for Vick, who certainly will benefit from McNabb's influence if he accepts it. Plus, Andy Reid knows how to withstand a pr crisis and will be a good resource. Again, if Vick chooses to accept it.

I hope he comes through this and makes it work, if for no other reason than I'd like to see an example that shows people can change. I'm skeptical on whether that will be the end result, though.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

perfecto!!! ;) :D 8)

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Better there than here.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'm listening to the Eagles broadcast on Sirius and they're saying Reid wanted Vick for the sole purpose of running the wildcat, which should now be named the Rabid Dog. Hey Andy, half your damn defense is on injured reserve. Plus you have offensive weapons like Maclin, McCoy, Westbrook, McNabb and DeSean Jackson. Maybe, just maybe, another offensive weapon, or weapon that's offensive, isn't what was needed right now?

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The City That Booed Santa Claus will now cheer Vick. Makes perfect sense.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Wonder how Donovan McNabb will get blamed for this one?

Interesting idea if they're looking to run the new-fangled scheme ... whatever it's called. But I also wonder if they'll look to use him for something other than the new scheme. He could be very handy either backing up Bryant Westbrook or taking some of the rushing load off of him. If Michael Vick will capitalize on this chance instead of getting upset that someone thought of him as something other than a quarterback.

Also, glad this got done because I was sick of the WWL trying to send him to Charlotte. That rumor was getting old in a hurry. Not only do the Panthers not have the cap room, but John Fox and Marty Hurney aren't going to undercut Jake Delhomme, especially after the debacle against the Cardinals.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I saw a "The Eagles signed Vick to coach Reid's kids how to survive prison."

Draft saved Draft deleted