1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Michael Vick's an Eagle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Aug 13, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

But as far as paying for it, how will that work given Vick's debacle of a financial situation? No chance he's gonna pick a 1,000-sq ft. condo for $1,500 a month.

How the hell is Vick paying for anything these days?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Drip

Drip Active Member

He'll find a good place to live. In fact, I think AI still has his place so he may let Vick use it. As for cash, that's what agents and friends are for. They're not going to let him go hungry.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Do you know exactly where Iverson lived/lives in Philly? I love looking shit up on google maps.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

He lived in Gladwynne off Waverly Drive.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I imagine Vick will get a lot of charity on the grounds that, if he turns things around, he can easily be back in the 5-6 million per year salary range.

And you've got to figure that even with all the debt he probably has, it shouldn't take him more than two or three years to pay it off if he stays on the right track. Most of us on this board wish we could be so lucky.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yeah in a lot of ways, he is very lucky.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

This comes under the category of WTF and who cares?
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20090824_Michael_Vick_not_barred_from_drinking.html

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The animals are striking back!

The game-picking camel is boycotting Eagles games and a group is donating dog food every time Vick is tackled.

From: http://www.app.com/article/20090910/NEWS/90910035/1070/NEWS02

and

From: http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/news/state/pennsylvania/20090910_ap_pagrouptodonatedogfoodfortacklesofvick.html

Five pounds?

Cheapskates.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Isn't this what one would call a bounty?

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You can't put a bounty on a man's head!!!

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Good story. I'm not sure that I agree with the source who says the Vick sales result from the enthusiasm of the Eagles fan base. I've got to believe it's more of a national phenomenon than a Philadelphia phenomenon.

Draft saved Draft deleted